Sunday 19 October 2014

Awkward moments

Sunday morning and I'm wandering about in my pyjama bottoms. While talking to my little girl in the bathroom, she looks at my tummy and asks "Mummy where's you baby gone?" I honestly was so taken back I didn't know what to say. I just looked at her, she continued " Is baby not going round and round anymore?" I quickly but awkwardly responded with "No darling" 
It's been 3 months and she hasn't mentioned anything before! 
I do regret telling her so soon, when we got caught up in all the excitement of extending our little family. All my friends were pregnant or just had their second, it was the environment we were in. 
Once we lost the baby we hoped she would just forget or not remember. Until know I thought that was the case.  I realise now I under estimated a 2 year old. 
I wish I could give her a baby brother or sister. But it's just not happening. I'm using ovulation tests but my fertile phases are not coinsiding with my partner being in the country. Hopefully when I step down from my career, I won't be feeling so run down and stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment