Thursday 2 October 2014

Leap of Faith

So over the last few weeks I've been trying to make one of the biggest decisions of my life. It certainly hasn't been easy and I've been sitting on the fence for a while. 
This year my partner got a fantastic new job which paid well and opened up many new opportunities for him. He had finally found a prosperous career and I was so proud of him. 
Until that point I was earning the most money so my career dominated many decisions. Working full time with a child in full time childcare doesn't come cheap and left me with little money. So my partner paid the bills and mortgage. 
This new fantastic job did come with a negative.....which involved regularly working abroard! I had no idea how hard my world was about to be come, juggling career and motherhood. I have the upmost respect for working single mums. 
Unfortunately my family live down south so my support network is minimal. Working shifts was very challenging with nursery runs and trying to find people to help me babysit. Infact overtime is has become exhausting. 
While being away on holiday in Majorca with my family I began to question was it all worth it. With the little money I was getting after our goings was all the stress and the demand of a management positionI worth it. I was tired and snappy and my daughter and partner were in the receiving end. I also felt guilty I'd missed so much of my daughter, she has done fantastically at nursery and is growing into a fantastic, bright little girl. 
This week I have made the choice to finally give up my career of 15 years, to spent more quality time with my little girl. I am sad that I have worked so hard to prove myself and it's only now opportunities have arisen. But I'm also excited to make so many more memories with my little girl. 
The dream of a possible career change, the opportunities to study again have never felt so close. New beginnings I can reinvent myself again and be a better partner and mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment