Thursday 16 April 2015

Anterior Placenta

With my first pregnancy I was blessed to feel baby flutters at 14 weeks. This time I have felt very little movement and by my 20 week scan it was still minimal in comparison to my first. 
The midwife explained my placenta was sitting at the front of baby against my tummy. This is apparently why I have felt very little movement. The technical name for this is Anterior placenta. 
The has been a small section on my lower left abdominal wall where I can feel wee kicks. Over the past few weeks since scan the kicks are getting stronger to the point where I can see my bump moving! Yet still it is only in this wee section I can feel it. 
I  unsure for what will happen next, will it move or will baby just become stronger, so wriggles and kicks will be inevitable.
Over the next few weeks I will monitor it. I have a check up with the midwife on Tuesday so will ask her then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment