Monday 28 March 2016

My History

I thought it would be a good time to talk about what I am all about and my experience and vision for the future.

I am a mother of 2 beautiful girls a 4 year old and 7 month old.

I have always been very active since a child. I competed in swimming for county from a very young age, so became exposed to strength and condition from the age of 12. Athletics at school brought out my natural talent for long distance running. I began competing in County level for cross country and track athletics. This grew into competing in biathlons,  where I came 3rd in the British Schools.

As I grew out of my teens I found a passion for the gym which I've continued to this day. In my early twenties, I then began running again while living in London and competed in a few road races. I also discovered Ashtanga yoga, which I did twice a week.

When I moved up to Scotland I continued long distance running and obtained some fantastic times in my 10km and half marathon distance.
I turned 30 and was physically looking for a new challenge and started kick boxing. My fitness excelled and my body shape changed and really toned up.
I began competing and did really well in the short time I was in this sport. I achieved Scottish Champion 2 years in a row and silver in the English championships. This then opened eyes to try boxing and thai boxing. This is where I met my partner. I also found all these sports very sociable and found life long friends while training.

I was completing my fitness instructor course when I fell pregnant. I was probably at the peak of my fitness and I continued to train until 38 weeks pregnant. Returned to post pregnancy weight by 6 months postpartum. For my second baby I also trained but very differently and got back to post baby weight within 6 months again. This is where my passion began ...

No comments:

Post a Comment